His posts typically reflect real situations that required real solutions. Many of these solutions are compiled from several other blogs or just personal experience and put into a easy to follow process.
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to http://firestonetechresources.com/
How to enable passwords in Intuit QuickBooks POS v12
When setting up Intuit QuickBooks POS v12 in a multi-user environment, you will likely want to have each user sign into the POS system to track their sales transactions. By default the log in requirement is disabled so when you setup a new employee you will not have the option to assign a password.
To setup employee accounts with passwords follow these steps.
- Log into your QuickBooks company with the "sysadmin" account which will likely be your default user.
- Select from the File menu Preferences / Company.
- From the General group check the option "Require users to log in".
- When prompted, enter a password for the "sysadmin" account.
- Click the Save button at the bottom.
Next, go back to the employee list and update each employee with a password.
- From the Employees menu select Employee List.
- Double click on the employee name.
- Click the button Create Password...
- Set a password and then click the OK button
Now your QuickBooks POS is configured to require employees to log in to use the system and you can now track their transactions.
We hope that this information is helpful. Please let us know how this has helped you or if you have additional questions. As always Firestone Technical Resources, Inc. is here to help with your computer support issues - "Providing personal service for your impersonal technology."