His posts typically reflect real situations that required real solutions. Many of these solutions are compiled from several other blogs or just personal experience and put into a easy to follow process.
How to Reduce Unwanted E-mail and Phone Calls
We continually get requests for advice on how to reduce the number of spam e-mail messages and robot calls. In some cases, this is hard to combat but you need to start with these steps.
- Limit where and when you will provide your e-mail address.
- Setup a junk mail e-mail address to be used when you are unsure if the web site or vendor you are working with will respect your privacy.
- Don't open spam messages, just delete them.
- Register your e-mail with Direct Marketing Association to identify what types of e-mail you want or don't want sent to your e-mail address.
- For your cell phone, setup a _DoNotAnswer contact in your address book and add number for solicitors you don't want calling you.
- Register your phone number on the Do Not Call list.
- Report solicitors to the FTC when then continually abuse your number.
For additional information and tips, check out the FTC's information page on their web site.