His posts typically reflect real situations that required real solutions. Many of these solutions are compiled from several other blogs or just personal experience and put into a easy to follow process.
HP Laserjet web admin page fails to load java
When attempting to configure an older HP LaserJet 4000n printer using the Web Admin feature, several messages appear stating, "Your security settings have blocked an untrusted application..." and the Java application shows an error on the web page. Under normal circumstances Java is preventing an application that could be harmful to your computer. In this case we know this older Java application on the HP JetDirect card is likely safe and we want to allow it to run.
Follow these steps to add the website to the Exceptions Site List:
- Open the Java control panel.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click on the Edit Site List button.
- Click the Add in the Exception Site List window.
- Click in the empty field under Location field to enter the URL.
(Note: URL should begin with http:// or https://)
- Click OK to save the URL that you entered.
- Click Continue on the Security Warning dialog.
- Go back to your web browser and reload the failing page.
If you are concerned about security, you can remove these settings once you complete the printer configuration.
We hope that this information is helpful. Please let us know how this has helped you or if you have additional questions. As always Firestone Technical Resources, Inc. is here to help with your computer support issues - "Providing personal service for your impersonal technology."