His posts typically reflect real situations that required real solutions. Many of these solutions are compiled from several other blogs or just personal experience and put into a easy to follow process.
Missing Send To Mail Recipient for Windows 7 and Outlook 2010
On day the Send To option lost the Mail Recipient option from a clients Windows 7 system. The client was using Outlook 2010 and the typical solutions posted that suggested creating a new Mail Recipient didn't work.
The following solution did work for our client.
- Click Start and then enter shell:sendto on the command line and press Enter.
- Remove the existing Mail Recipient file from the list.
- Right click in the file browser and create a new shortcut.
- Type the location of the item:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE" /a
- Click Next.
- Change the Name from OUTLOOK.EXE to "Mail Recipient".
- Click Finish.
We hope that this information is helpful. Please let us know how this has helped you or if you have additional questions. As always Firestone Technical Resources, Inc. is here to help with your computer support issues - "Providing personal service for your impersonal technology."
Worked with Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 after adjusting for file location of Outlook on a 64bit system. Thank you for posting this fix.