His posts typically reflect real situations that required real solutions. Many of these solutions are compiled from several other blogs or just personal experience and put into a easy to follow process.
WatchGuard Web UI doesn't allow a login with Internet Explorer
After a recent update on a WatchGuard XTM 5 series we were unable to login using Internet Explorer 10 and the WatchGuard Web UI. The only way to connect to the WatchGuard XTM firewall was to use the WatchGuard System Manager. For us this a bit of a handicap in several ways and we refuse to use Chrome or Firefox since they tend to be less secure.
We finally were able to fix it with a suggestion from WatchGuard support.
- Open the WatchGuard System Manager application and then open the Policy Manager.
- From the menu, go to Setup -> Authentication -> Webserver Certificate
- Switch to Custom Certificate signed by Firebox.
- Enter the details and save to Firebox.
- Then return to the Webserver Certificate area and switch back to default and save to Firebox again.
Lastly, verify that the system has resolved the certificate issue by attempting to log into the Web UI again.
Now is also a great time to verify that the NTP settings are enabled which will affect the login process too.
We hope that this information is helpful. Please let us know how this has helped you or if you have additional questions. As always Firestone Technical Resources, Inc. is here to help with your computer support issues - "Providing personal service for your impersonal technology."